Not your mother tongue? Let me help :)

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Growth Update

Howdy Folks,


My arugula plants are growing like crazy! I tried to take a picture of the roots growing, but my phone camera is not very good. It's a shame too. The roots are at least 5-8 cm on all of the net pots.

My heirloom tomato is still being a beast! Growing super fast. I hope that I will get some tomatoes form the plant but I am not sure if it will self pollinate or not. But I will find out :) From my reading most tomato plants will self pollinate because they have both male and female parts. Might be different from heirloom tomatoes though. I try to self pollinate the flowers by rubbing my finger on each flower and trying to act like a busy bee, spreading the pollen.

Here is what you came to see. Pics!

arugula roots in DWC, aquaponic growing
The roots are taking off!
Close up of arugula roots in DWC, they keep growing and they love the aquaponics
The roots will grow and hang in the oxygenated rich water.

arugula roots in DWC, here you can see the floating raft. lots of room for more!
Lots of room for more net pots and more veggies!

Tomato plant keeps growing. It loves the indoor aquaponic environment
Tomato plant loving its aquaponic home



Stay tuned for another update soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Feel Good. We just had our first harvest of Arugula.

    ReplyDelete